College Baseball Opening Weekend Notes P

Dbamy o zdrowie naszych dzieci.

College Baseball Opening Weekend Notes P

Postprzez jackky » 14 wrz 2017, o 10:41

Pitchers and catchers reported this past weekend, but whats also exciting is that college baseball opened too. Its never too early to start reading about 2012 MLB draft prospects, and wed prefer to start bringing you some coverage for that draft too. Before we go on though, give @KendallRogersPG and @aaronfitt a follow on Twitter for live-updates of college prospects they give you so much more than just line scores in their commentary.
Today, well check out the notable pitching performances in the weekend, ranked approximately by 2012 pitching prospect you most need to know about:
RHP Mark Appel, Vinny Curry Jersey Stanford (6-5, 195 lbs)7.0IP, 2H, 1R, 1ER, 2BB, 5KWhile the stat line looks decent, reports out of Palo Alto were expecting more out of the early projected #1 overall pick. He touched 97 within the 1st, but remained within the low-90s all of those other game. His changeup was not impre sive, and he didnt show a good breaking ball before the 5th. Keith Law ($) wasn't particularly impre sed either with Appels continued insufficient mi sed bats.
RHP Marcus Stroman, Duke (5-9, 185 lbs)5.0IP, 4H, 3R, 3ER, 6BB, 3KBecause of his explosive arm, Stroman is a pitcher I'm hoping to see this season when he visits Georgia Tech in late March. The former relievers first college start would be a disappointment, though. Even though you take into account that it had been against #7 Texas, his command i sues along with his small build cant be giving scouts confidence he could be a future MLB starter just yet. A few Texas bloggers (@DMcComasOB and @LoneStarDugout) were available to see Stroman in Austin. They'd his fastball sitting 92-95 with command i sues early, resulting in six walks. His nasty mid-80s slider made fools from Longhorn batters, but Texas freshman Brooks Marlow hit two home runs off of Stromans fastball.
RHP Kyle Zimmer, San Francisco (6-3, 210 lbs)4.0IP, 1H, 0R, 0ER, 0BB, 3KA Bay area employee mentioned to @KendallRogersPG that Darren Sproles Jersey Zimmers fastball was hitting 98 mph this weekend, one-hitting the San Jose State Spartans in four innings. He also included a curve along with a slider. His catcher Mason Morioka had this to say about Zimmers performance:
Kyle was throwing unbelievably well. It was actually the very first time Ive caught him all year long, but he was throwing much like he did to end last season for all of us. He was locating his fastball on both sides from the plate and throwing his off speed stuff for strikes. He overmatched the hitters.
RHP J.T. Chargois, Rice (6-2, 200 lbs)2.0IP, 3H, 1R, 1ER, 1BB, 3KChargois is also a switch-hitter, so it remains seen what hell be drafted as. Either way, @Chronicle_Owls had his fastballs clocked at 95-96 mph. However, he did allow three consecutive singles, as well as throw two wild pitches and walk a batter when runners were in scoring position all within the same inning. Yet somehow, the Florida International Golden Panthers only scored one run.
RHP Pat Light, Monmouth (6-5, 210 lbs)7.0IP, 5H, 1R, 1ER, 0BB, 6KJohn Manuel was at Lights opening start, and saw his fastball touch 96 mph within the first inning, drop towards the low-90s early, and down to the high-80s later. His fastball had life down within the zone, while his slider and changeup were located well in the high-70s, low-80s range.
RHP Kyle Hansen, St. Johns (6-8, 215 lbs)4.0IP, 2H, 2R, 2ER, 2BB, 9KRogers also saw Hansen pitch against Michigan State (along with 60 scouts), visiting a mid-90s fastball with mediocre secondary pitches. His changeup was nasty early on, but was inconsistent later in the game, although he did record two strikeouts off low-80s changeups. However, Michigan State Chris Long Jersey junior Torsten Bo s did hit an opposite-field home run off certainly one of his 95 mph offerings.
LHP Hoby Milner, Texas (6-2, 165 lbs)5.0IP, 4H, 3R, 2ER, 2BB, 3KMilners fastball command was sharp in early stages, and that he was getting ground balls from the Duke Blue Devil batters. However, his off-speed location was off later.
RHP Austin Maddox, Florida (6-3, 230 lbs)4.0IP, 1H, 0R, 0ER, 0BB, 3KIn the marquee matchup of the weekend between Florida and Cal State Fullerton, Maddox was fantastic in long relief. Rogers reported that Maddox were built with a 94 mph fastball, 84 mph slider, and 81 mph changeup. Maddox told him that he improved his slider by changing his grip. This is exactly what Maddox had to say about his grip on his off-speed pitches:
I felt like I had everything working today. My (off-speed) was working well also it just felt good all around. Ive been working on my off-speed pitching between last year which year and its paid off. I went from Najee Goode Jersey a two-seam grip to some four-seam grip and I feel that I'm able to locate it better and throw harder.
RHP Damien Magnifico, Oklahoma (6-2, 190 lbs)1.0IP, 1H, 0R, 0ER, 1BB, 1KAs reported by @aaronfitt, Magnifico showed filthy stuff: 95-99 mph fastball along with a 78 mph changeup with drop. Though his command wasnt great, it doesnt have to be as a power reliever.
RHP Caleb Sturgis Jersey Eric Jaffe, UCLA (6-3, 235 lbs)0.0IP, 0H, 0R, 0ER, 2BB, 0KFitt also saw Jaffe walk inside a run with the bases loaded, as well as hit a batter. His fastball what food was in 92-94 mph, but he'd poor command and just couldn't control his breaking ball.
-Non Draft-Eligible Prospect of the Week: RHP Tyler Beede, Vanderbilt (6-4, 200 lbs)4.1IP, 9H, 9R, 5ER, 1BB, 2KOur very own Carson Cistulli sat perched (or hunched) over his computer watching Tyler Beede make his first college start. The most-hyped freshman pitcher in the united states (and disdained by a few Blue Jays fans because of not taking the money and signing using the club within the 2011 draft) faced a tough first test: Eno Sarris alma mater and also the #4 Stanford Cardinal, a lineup which includes top 2012 prospects Stephen Piscotty and Kenny Diekroeger. Stanford didn't have problems making lots of contact off Beedes pitches. And from what our Cistullian scout could gather, his fastball was sitting mostly 89-91 mph with little command, the changeup was proficient at times, however the curveball was not particularly sharp.
jackky
Nowy użytkownik

Powrót do Zdrowie